The following eight charter associations each have equal representation in the Council:
- The California Association of Public Procurement Officers, Inc. (CAPPO)
- The Florida Association of Public Procurement Officials, Inc. (FAPPO)
- The National Association of Educational Procurement, Inc. (NAEP)
- The National Association of State Procurement Officials (NASPO)
- The National Contract Management Association (NCMA)
- The National Institute of Governmental Purchasing (NIGP)
- The National Procurement Institute, Inc. (NPI)
- The Canadian Public Procurement Council (CPPC)/Conseil Canadien des Marches Publics (CCMP)
The Council is open to new members as it expects to have other non-profit procurement-related associations join that are supportive of NCPPC’s mission and values.
The Council augments the work of each member association by developing a collaborative network that promotes the public procurement and contracting profession through:
- Advocacy of public procurement principles
- Education, training and professional certification
- Applied research studies and activities
- Strategic marketing of the public procurement and contracting profession
The Council is confident that its own association members, and those of future member associations, will benefit from intentional activities and services that are initiated through the National Council for Public Procurement and Contracting.
As the Council seeks to make an immediate impression on the profession, it has defined as its top priority the development of a benchmark that assesses the impact of professional certification on compensation, ethics and corruption, formal education, promotional and advancement opportunities, and spending authority. The Council will use this benchmark as the impetus for strategic marketing. This initiative was completed in the spring of 2007.
To join NCPPC or for additional information, please contact any one of the Council’s charter member representatives.